Playstation 4! Would you buy?
We have all heard about the PlayStation conference that occurred at Manhattan Center Studios in New York few days past. Although many have heard about it, do you know much of what happened? Sony’s Computer Entertainment President and Group CEO Andrew House took the stage to explain the specs and features of Sony’s new PlayStation 4 (To be released in holidays of 2013). Let us get into it. First off, all rumors about them changing the naming style are not true, the new Sony entertainment system will be named the PlayStation 4, thus standing with Sony’s tradition.
There was several rumors that Sony was ditching the Dual Shock controller design, this rumor caused large controversy with blogs and gamers. Many loyal PlayStation players loved the DualShock design and comfort. Sony did not ditch the DualShock, instead now we have the DualShock 4. Lets talk about the specs
- Lightbar!: The lightbar at the top will allow for a simple way to see who is logged into each controller. Making it easier to take that restroom break that you need, the lightbar also senses the depth of the area in front of you. I wonder where they are going with that.
- The share button!: The share button will let you share screenshots, video clips and more from the tap of a button on the front of your controller.
- TouchPad?: They added a touch pad on the controller, similar to the Vita’s touchpad. I see great things coming from this. Wonder how they will use it.
- New sleek design!: They added a headphone jack to the controller for a better game experience, they also tweaked the triggers and the joysticks for a more comfortable gameplay!
All of you are probably thinking “I don’t care about the controller. it’s the experience!” well lets talk about it.
Sony claims that the PS4 will dramatically reduce the lag time between the content and the player. “Suspend mode” or “Power Saver” keeps the console in a low power state when loading game sessions. This will allow games to boot and saved games to load faster. A user can open the browser or another application while playing a PS4 game, this will allow for multitasking .
Digital titles will be able to be played while they are downloading. With only a “fraction” required to start the game.
The PlayStation cloud, the cloud will be rolled out in several phrases, with the goal of putting all previous console titles available for play.
A new feature allows for users watch you play, from their screens, if allowed they can post comments directly to your screen. They also plan to let you be able to take over your friends controller(with permission) to allow you to help your friend to get past that boss stage he just can not find.
The Vita, iOS devices and Android devices will be capable of being second screens for the PS4. They will allow Vita users to pull PS4 titles from their console and play them on the Vita over your Wireless Connection. The PlayStation app also contributes to a better idea, previously integrated by Nintendo with the Wii U gamepad. You can use the app to display maps, inventory, or maybe even scoping? who knows what the possibilities end at.
- Single-chip custom processor
- CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine
- GDDR5 8GB
Hard Disk Drive
- Built-in(sizes not disclosed)
Optical Drive(Read only of course)
- BD 6xCAV
- DVD 8xCAV
- Ethernet(10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1(EDR)
- Analog-AV out
- Digital/Optical output
*These specifications may change without notice.